The multiple complex forms, types, and textures of cannabis concentrates impress in its diversity and ease of production. These products differ in the extraction and purification processes, as well as the strain of marijuana used as the initial material. We will consider several ways of how to make marijuana concentrates, and each of them is unique by the process difficulty. The concentrate names are assigned according to the process or the final form of the concentrate. For instance, butane hash oil – BHO extract is similar to a piece of broken glass.
Methods of Making Marijuana Extracts:
- The extraction of solvent-based marijuana is widely used for commercial production. Most of the ways based on this method require a purification process which is the last and most important stage of extraction overall.
- The process of solvent-free extraction includes three main steps – pressure, temperature, and filtration. At the last stage, you need to separate the essential active ingredients from marijuana. The equipment for such extraction is relatively affordable and secure at-home production.
The Easiest Way: Solvent Based Extracts
Butane Oil (BHO)
Compressed chemical solvents such as butane or propane are handled to primarily extract cannabis oils in a closed system. While other extraction methods may be harmful for the potential chemical composition, the BHO extraction usually keeps cannabinoids more native to your favorite way of consuming marijuana. Butane/propane extracts come in all conceivable consistencies and completely different price ranges. A standard THC-rich butane extract typically shows a range between 70-90% of all cannabinoids. These extracts are usually evaporated using the dabbing method.
CO2 oil is quite a popular way to use marijuana for medical purposes in vaporizers. The production of CO2 extracts you should familiarize yourself with all essential steps and precaution instructions. This process is based on putting carbon dioxide under extreme temperatures – decarboxylation. This chemical process occurs naturally when marijuana is burned in a tube, bong, or jamb, but not in a vaporizer because the temperature there is not high enough. Therefore, the most important task is to activate THC. This process is safe because the CO2 is non-combustible and is contained in the air. It is convenient to use anytime and at any place you want because the vaping pen consists of a lot of liquid and may last for a long time.
How to Make Marijuana Concentrates Wax at Home: Step-by-Step Guide
- Grind marijuana – leaves, branches, etc.;
- Ram it all into a long tube;
- Take a can of compressed butane and let the gas flow through this full tube for 30 seconds. This procedure saturates the plant with gas, which in turn contributes to the washing out of THC;
- After carrying out the entire indicated step, you should begin the extraction of THC in the form of a flowing out of a greenish inhomogeneous mass;
- Hold the tube over a small saucepan to a full confluence;
- We put this pan with THC in a water bath and wait for 15-20 minutes;
- Scrape the oil from the bottom into a glass bowl.
Now you are aware of the most popular methods of how to make a wax at home with very little effort. Any of them may be processed only if following the precautions instructions to prevent the accidental harm of yourself or anyone around you.